My top shelf is empty. For those who follow this blog you will recall that the top shelf is the vin ordinaire – the wine that my wife can open without asking “is this saved for something special?”.
So a restocking is in order. Here’s what I came up with – 8 bottles for $90. They are the wines that are good and inexpensive too.
- France – GEORGES DUBOEUF BEAUJOLAIS LCBO 212480 |Price $ 10.95
- Pelee Island – PELEE ISLAND BACO NOIR VQA LCBO 485128 | Price $ 10.45
- Spain – BODEGAS CASTANO HECULA LCBO 300673 | Price $ 11.80
- Niagara – CHATEAU DES CHARMES ALIGOTE VQA ST. DAVID’S BENCH LCBO 296848 |Price $ 13.95
- Italy - MEZZOMONDO NEGROAMARO SALENTO IGT LCBO 588962 |Price $ 9.00
- Spain [Cava} – CODORNIU BRUT CLASICO SPARKLING LCBO 215814 | Price $ 12.95
- Portugal – BERCO DO INFANTE RESERVA LCBO 253864 |Price $ 9.20
- Niagara – CALAMUS RIESLING 2010 VINTAGES 158642 | Price $ 16.95 [I spend big $$ on this one because my man Orest vouched for it]