Red Wines – drink on a Friday night or bring to a party but never hesitate to open one of these wines if your spouse says “Is there something tasty to drink tonight?”
- Eastdell Black Cab 2007 – Cabernet Franc, Baco Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon from Niagara
LCBO 609875 | Price: $ 12.95 – you could also try the red cab from Eastdell but the Baco Noir is a grape that is one of Ontario’s best.
- Malivoire Red 2008 – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Gamay from Niagara LCBO 141523 | Price: $ 14.95 – this wine flew off the shelf at Red Brick Café and not just because of the cute ladybug on the bottle. I will write about Malivoire shortly – it’s a very cool winery
- Jackson Triggs Proprietors’ Reserve Cabernet Franc / Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 LCBO 560680 | Price: $ 12.95 – because I love Ontario’s Cab Franc
- Long Flat Cabernet Shiraz 2008 LCBO 212373 | Price: $ 10.95 – my house wine for the past year
White Wines – we don’t usually drink white but whenever we drink these wines we ask ourselves “Why don’t we drink more white wine?”
- Inniskillin Riesling 2008 LCBO 83790 | Price: $ 12.45 – a great Ontario winery. Riesling is the most versatile grape in the world. This one is dry and crisp like the apples at the farmers market.
- La Vieille Ferme 2008 LCBO 298505| Price: $ 11.45 – a nice mix of several Provencal grapes. From the Cotes du Luberon. Drinking it reminds me of my favorite BBC series A Year in Provence