Pullthecork started out with the Nouveau release in 2009. 102 blog entries and 15,000 hits later it’s time for the Beaujolais Nouveau party again. I know that the release of Nouveau is a marketing scam by the French but I want to be scammed every once in a while. Nouveau is light, delicious, and easy to drink. Exactly what I want my blog to be.
I always buy from George Dubœuf – the king of Beaujolais – because he’s the king and because of how cool it is that the o and the e get stuck together when he spells his name.
I also buy a couple other French nouveau and always try one from Ontario if the LCBO gets one. This year Reif Estates releases The Fool Gamay Nouveau – so they are the first winery in Ontario to put a 2010 wine on the shelves. Well done!
Here’s the entire list of Nouveau available in Ontario Thursday.
- Mommessin Beaujolais Nouveau, $13.95
- Duboeuf Gamay Nouveau, $8.95
- Primeur Catalan Syrah Merlot, $9.95
- Drouhin Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau, $14.95
- Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau, $14.95
- Mezzacorona Novio Vino Novello, $9.95
- Negrar Novello del Veneto, $9.95
- Reif Estates The Fool Gamay Nouveau, $10.95