This blog post is brought to you by the letter “e”. Specifically increased usage of the letter e as a prefix as in Email, ebanking, ereader, eetc. [see what I did there?]. Now it’s hitting the wine industry.
Every two weeks the LCBO sends me a Vintages catalogue – the wine geek’s equivalent of Popular Mechanics. This next release [Aug 31] has some great values on some highly rated wines. My most likely purchases were rated 90 and 94 pts by a certain Robert Parker Jr – who goes by erobertparker on his reviews. How clever – an “e” version / secret identity of himself. I want an e-version of me.
After all – isn’t the e-version almost always better? Consider this list
- Email vs. regular mail – email is always faster and easier to ignore
- e-trading If that baby on TV can do it then so can I
- e-commerce Actually I don’t even know what this means – it never came up while obtaining my PE degree at York
E-enough of that talk. The Vintages catalogue has some great wine coming in Aug 31. This is what etravisoke is going after – you might want to follow suit.
- Los Clop Reserva Malbec 2009 $16.95 90 pts erobertparker
- Los Clop Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 $16.95 90 pts erobertparker
- Mount Langi Ghiran Billi Billi Shiraz 2009 $17.95 94 pts James Halliday
- Breca Old Vines Garnacha 2010 $19.95 94 pts Robert Parker Jr
I guess I should email the internet to see if anyone else is using etravisoke already.