Day 1 – I couldn’t be happier knowing that there is a month of the beautiful game to watch. Here is what I have observed from the opening match Brasil vs. Croatia.
- FRED is my favourite name for a footballer
- HULK is actually an enormous man. His shoulders and pects alone probably need 10,000 calories each day
- David Luiz looks like Sideshow Bob
- It appears that Gene Hackman is coaching Brasil this year
- The vowel to consonant ratio in Croatian names is ridiculously low [Vrsaljko – time to buy another vowel please]
- Daniel Craig has given up on James Bond and is now a midfielder for the Croatian soccer team under the pseudonym Ivica Olić
- My skills are wasted as a wine blogger – soccer analyst is clearly my calling