“The only party i throw each year” was a resounding success again. The wine was good, the friends were good, Godzilla made an appearance, i got a new t-shirt [big props JB], and here’s the proof. My research tells me that the LCBO sells out 50% of their Nouveau in the first weekend. Pick some up for this year’s Christmas party. I keep one for Easter – that’s how i roll.
The glasses were ready
Godzilla made an appearance on this year’s Nouveau chalkboard. He was so busy drinking Nouveau that he picked up a bus and put it back down. Good news Tokyo.
The logo on a t-shirt
Today we celebrate the release of the 2014 Beaujolais Nouveau in la maison Oke.
This one is a winner. One of the best in years. This is what Nouveau should taste like – tart, juicy, with a hint of effervescence – and it’s under $10!
It’s okay for you to go out and buy this at your LCBO in Guelph. I already have 6 bottles.
My top shelf is empty. For those who follow this blog you will recall that the top shelf is the vin ordinaire – the wine that my wife can open without asking “is this saved for something special?”.
So a restocking is in order. Here’s what I came up with – 8 bottles for $90. They are the wines that are good and inexpensive too.
- France – GEORGES DUBOEUF BEAUJOLAIS LCBO 212480 |Price $ 10.95
- Pelee Island – PELEE ISLAND BACO NOIR VQA LCBO 485128 | Price $ 10.45
- Spain – BODEGAS CASTANO HECULA LCBO 300673 | Price $ 11.80
- Niagara – CHATEAU DES CHARMES ALIGOTE VQA ST. DAVID’S BENCH LCBO 296848 |Price $ 13.95
- Italy – MEZZOMONDO NEGROAMARO SALENTO IGT LCBO 588962 |Price $ 9.00
- Spain [Cava} – CODORNIU BRUT CLASICO SPARKLING LCBO 215814 | Price $ 12.95
- Portugal – BERCO DO INFANTE RESERVA LCBO 253864 |Price $ 9.20
- Niagara – CALAMUS RIESLING 2010 VINTAGES 158642 | Price $ 16.95 [I spend big $$ on this one because my man Orest vouched for it]